Planning a move can be a full-time job – especially if it’s your first experience with relocating. From purchasing packing supplies to coordinating a moving truck, it’s tough even to know where to begin.
But here’s a little secret about moving: it doesn’t have to be as stressful as you’d think! In fact, with the right approach, a little planning, and a few great tips, you can handle your move like a true expert. Here’s everything you need to know about how to plan your first move to make it as easy and stress-free as possible.
Tips for Moving In-State
If you’re a first-time mover, even relocating around the corner can be a daunting task. Even Florida in-state moves aren’t necessarily as easy as you’d think, mainly because our home state is so large. Here are a few things to keep in mind for in-state relocation:
- Create a plan to stay organized and on schedule. It might take some time, but putting together a plan for moving is one of our top tips. Decide how you’ll organize your moving details, and what tasks you’ll need to complete (and by when).
- Trust your move to the professionals. Many first-time movers learn a hard lesson when they try to do the job themselves – there’s a reason why moving is best left to the professionals. Packing, loading, and even driving a moving truck is no small task, but experts like the ones at Direct Relocation Services are well-prepared to navigate the process.
- Make smart use of affordable storage solutions when needed. It’s not unusual to encounter a few snags in your moving plan, especially when it comes to coordinating move-in and move-out dates. Finding an inexpensive storage solution is an excellent way to keep your nonessentials safe and secure during the transition. Direct Relocation Services offers a variety of full-service storage solutions in South Florida, whether your needs are short or long-term.
Tips for Long Distance Moving
Any kind of moving can be stressful and time-consuming, but making a long-distance move is often especially challenging – especially for first-timers. There are a handful of long-distance moving tips that you should know before you get started:
- Invest in high-quality packing supplies. When your belongings are making a long trip across state lines, you want to be confident that they’re safe and secure. Make use of packing supplies such as moving boxes and crates, pads and blankets, and filler material.
- Declutter and simplify. Do you really need to take that stack of ten-year-old sweatshirts you never wear? What about the dozens of books you haven’t read in years? Get rid of clutter to lighten your load, and you’ll have far less to pack – and unpack!
- Take advantage of packing services. What if you could completely skip the hassle of packing all your belongings? With professional packing services, everything will be packed quickly, correctly, and with next to no effort on your part.
- Partner with a relocation company you can rely on. Nobody wants to deal with a late moving truck, but that’s especially true when you’re moving across state lines. Avoid getting stuck in an empty home by choosing a well-rated moving company that you know will arrive on schedule. It might be tempting to choose the least expensive service, but customer service should always be a top priority.
When to Hire a Professional Moving Company
One of the most common questions we hear at Direct Relocation Services is, “Should I hire a professional moving company?” If it’s your first time moving, you might be wondering whether it’s worth the money, time, and effort to hire a moving company. You might be surprised to learn that virtually any move can benefit from professional moving services, no matter how much you have to move, where you’re headed, and what your budget is.
There are plenty of misconceptions about hiring professional movers, including:
- Professional moving companies are only needed for big moves. While there’s no doubt that movers are ideal for heavy, large loads, they can be just as helpful for smaller moves as well. Depending on your needs, you can request the specific services that best suit your move.
- Hiring a professional moving company is too much of a hassle for a long-distance move. Coordinating a long-distance move can be extremely stressful, especially when you’re trying to arrange moving services. Not all moving companies offer cross-country moving, and others charge exorbitant fees for out-of-state moves. This can make long-distance relocation even harder than it needs to be – but Direct Relocation Services is different. As one of the country’s top long-distance moving companies, we’re prepared to make your move as easy and affordable as possible.
- Professional movers are too expensive. There’s no question that cost is one of the biggest concerns for both first-time and experienced movers alike. Plenty of people try to do their own moving because they’re worried they can’t afford professional services. However, professional movers are probably much more cost-effective than you’d think – especially when you consider the time and stress you’ll save. Because Direct Relocation Services provides customized quotes, you can be confident that you won’t be overpaying for your move.
- Movers will damage or lose your personal items. Everything in your home has been purchased with your hard-earned money, and many of your items may hold special or sentimental value. Trusting movers to handle those items with care can be a frightening thought, but choosing the right company can resolve your fears. Look for companies with excellent reviews, particularly those who have earned a reputation for handling even the most fragile items with care.
Even if you’ve never hired a professional moving company before, understanding the benefits makes it clear that the investment is more than worth it. Ultimately, we want to be the team you can trust to make your move simple, straightforward, and stress-free – and isn’t that what every first-time mover wants?
Simplify Your Move with the Florida Movers You Can Trust
Whether you’re relocating within Florida, long-distance moving, or need to transport some things to storage; Direct Relocation Services can help. We know that moving isn’t easy – no matter where you’re headed – but our mission is to use our expertise and skill to make it easy for you.
From packing and loading your belongings to driving the moving truck to your final destination, we’ll take care of it all. Plus, we can even help you unpack and clean your former residence.
Learn more about our services and get a free quote by contacting Direct Relocation Services today.